What is beard oil?
So what is beard oil? Beard oil is a cosmetic product used for purposes of moisturizing the skin beneath the beard. Beard oil is also used for moisturizing the beard itself, keeping it shiny, soft and smooth. It mimics sebum and other types of natural oils that are produced by the skin.
Beard oil is essential in having a well-maintained beard. facial hair can help improve a man’s overall look and most importantly make him look smart and attractive. No wonder the popularity of beard-grooming products is on the rise, thanks to the fact that men are these days appreciating the importance of taking good care of their beard. Nevertheless, there are still lots of men that see absolutely no need to use any beard-grooming products at all. But there is one essential product by the name beard oil that every man should add to their daily beard grooming routine.
Beard oil is made to hydrate the skin and hair. A dry scalp is itchy. Well with facial hair your skin underneath is sensitive and can definitely have the same problem. Majority of shampoos sold in grocery stores or drug stores has chemicals that create the dryness a lot of people try to avoid. The biggest problem is most don’t realize what they are using as a shampoo might as well be the main cause.
Maintaining a good regiment with beard products, will keep your hair and skin healthy. Preventing dryness and irritation from many different elements we come across day to day.
What is beard oil made from?
Beard oil is made with a variety of oils, the main oil, which are called carrier oils, and essential oils. The carrier oil dilutes essential oils before applying to the skin. The essential oils are used for remedies of the skin and for scent. A good example is the Tea Tree Oil.
Common ingredients in beard oil
Different types of beard oils feature a blend of different types of ingredients. Some of the common ingredients in beard oil include jojoba oil, coconut oil, hempseed oil and grape seed oil. Each ingredient addresses a specific beard issue. These issue range from itching, sensitive skin to dryness. There are unscented versions of beard oils, but most beard oils are scented. They use a variety of artificial and natural masculine scents including sweet and bitter scents.
When using beard oil, it is advisable that only a few drops are used, thus of course depending on the size of your beard. It is also best to use the oil after cleansing or showering. This is mainly because after showering the pores and the follicles are open and will therefore easily absorb the oil, giving the beard a luminous, healthy and shiny look.
Why is it important to use beard oil?
1. The moisturizing oil nourishes the skin under the beard. You simply need to massage the oil to the skin beneath to benefit from the ingredients.
2. The beard oil nourishes the facial hair. This keeps the beard flakes at bay. Think of the flakes as dandruff of head hair; they are unsightly and no bearded man should have flakes.
3. The oil minimizes itching that many men experience after a trim or when they have a longer beard. The ingredients simply seep into the pores and follicles and this eliminates such issues.
4. It is a simple way of keeping the facial hair hydrated and looking healthy.
5. Beard oil softens the texture of facial hair thus making it manageable. This is especially beneficial to men who love keeping longer beards that can tangle and prove hard to even comb to look good.
6. The pure oils contained in the beard moisturizers have anti-inflammatory properties that also take care of irritation alongside itching experienced by many bearded men.
7. Essential oils that are cologne for your facial hair. Giving you that appealing masculine smell. You can always get a fragrance free beard oil if you don’t like dealing with the smell.
8. Beard oil works as a styling agent for those with longer beards that they wish to comb in a certain way without having any stray hair. Regular use keeps the beard manageable and easy to control.
Beard oil benefits has made the oil very popular among bearded men. To get the best results with your beard though, ensure that you get the beard oil with all the right ingredients.
How to Apply Beard Oil
Beard oil should be used daily after showering or after cleansing your beard area. Showering or cleansing the beard area helps ensure the pores are open and ready to absorb the beard oil. Beard oil can be used in three different application methods namely-
Smear method– the application method entails using the hand as the application device, whereby you put beard oil on your hand and smear it directly onto your beard area. This is the most popular method to apply beard oil.
Squirt or spray method-to use the application method effectively, squirt the appropriate amount of beard oil on your brush. Then take the brush through your beard area repeatedly and thoroughly.
Eye drop method– there are some types of beard oils that come packed in eye-dropper bottles, something that enables users to use just the right amount of beard oil they need. After applying beard oil onto your beard, you will have to use your hands and fingers to evenly distribute the oil to all the stands of your beard and facial hair.
Beard oil is no longer a luxury, but a necessity for every man who wants to take good care of his beard. Therefore, make sure to add the best beard oil to your beard-grooming regimen.